EAST HAMPTON HIGH SCHOOL
East Hampton High School, with the support of the community, is committed to developing informed, responsible, and contributing members of a global society through a challenging academic program in an environment that promotes healthy social, emotional, and physical development.
CORE VALES AND BELIEFS
Active Learning: Students access, interpret, and analyze ideas and information to develop insightful conclusions.
Perseverance: Students take initiative to pursue challenging goals, demonstrate persistent effort, and adapt to change.
Collaboration: Students work collaboratively to solve challenging problems and to effectively communicate information in different contexts for a variety of purposes.
Compassion: Students demonstrate empathy, ethical behavior, cultural understanding, and active citizenship.
Innovation: Students identify problems, ask questions, synthesize information from a variety of sources, and apply new knowledge to create original solutions to real-world scenarios.
Students will apply 21st century learning skills by:
1. Communicating effectively.
2. Demonstrating self-expression with craftsmanship.
3. Utilizing critical thinking skills.
SOCIAL AND CIVIC EXPECTATIONS
Students will demonstrate responsible citizenship by:
1. Exhibiting individual responsibility and ethical behavior.
2. Using interpersonal skills that positively contribute to school and community.
3. Respecting diversity and displaying global awareness.